Sunday, May 24, 2020

Mr. Z's Grade 4 Class – Remote Learning Update #11


I hope this Memorial Day weekend finds you and your loved ones healthy and safe.

Student belongings will be available for you to pick up at the school this Wednesday May 27 from 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm. All of your child’s belongings and work folders, along with a cover letter from me explaining what’s in there, will be bundled up in a clear plastic bag. I will be there to say “hello” that day, but we will have to maintain social distance. If you can’t make it at that time, I will follow up with you and we can figure out another way to deliver the bag to you. If your student has a school Chromebook, you can hang on to it through the summer and return it at the start of next school year. I attached the district’s Belongings Cleanup & Chromebook Drop Off Plan to this message, in case you want more details about the process.    

This is Week #11 of remote learning. The overview of this week’s new work is in the “Remote Learning Week #11 Parent-Caregiver Guide,” available as a PDF file here. Also, this message and all the previous weekly Remote Learning Parent-Caregiver Guides are always available on my class blog at bssroom302.blogspot.com.  

NEW THIS WEEK

* Poetry Writing
Students can try their hands at writing tanka poems, a form of poetry from Japan, similar to haiku. The lesson, in our Google Classroom presented as a video, was created by Jackson Street School teacher Kathie Bredin.  

* Class Zoom Meeting
We will do another Zoom meeting this week on Tuesday May 26 at 10:00 am. I will post the new meeting link in our Google Classroom “Specials, Talk with Mr. Z and Other Cool Stuff” where the kids can access it on their own. 

OTHER NOTES

* I will be working and available tomorrow May 25 in case you need to get in touch with me. I will be unavailable this Thursday May 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment